New York City, September 21
Scientists will meet at 10am outside Hayden Planetarium
at the American Museum of Natural History to march together
Science is under attack. Elected leaders and wealthy individuals are waging a damaging, calculated war on the scientific profession. In the name of political and corporate interests, they have:
- Cut funding to our research programs and shut down government research institutions.
- Introduced legislation to erode science education in our schools.
- Funded intentionally misinforming exhibits at our science museums.
- Silenced scientists from speaking to the public and media.
- Attacked the credibility of science itself, falsely claiming that academics have doctored evidence, scientific institutions are corrupt, and even labeled climate scientists as terrorists.
Meanwhile, carbon levels keep rising to unprecedented levels, and the globe continues to warm. Against this cynical campaign of deceit, more public education and reports alone are simply not enough. We need a movement. One that stands up for climate science and, crucially, for science itself.
Join us as we march, thousands of scientists together, from Hayden Planetarium, the place where the public and science converge, to the UN Climate Summit joining hundreds of thousands of concerned citizens on the People’s Climate March in September.